Interns help us to build friendships that last a lifetime. Interns gain exposure to and understanding of the issues facing isolated elderly people living in San Francisco. Internships can also provide exposure to the many different aspects of running a busy nonprofit organization, and to the wide array of elder and volunteer service agencies in San Francisco. Interns work under the guidance of a staff member.
- Program Coordination
- Non-Profit Management
- Event Planning
- Volunteer Management
- Database Management
- Development and Fundraising
Requirements (depending on the focus of the internship):
- Commitment to the mission of Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly
- Familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and database management
- Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Fluency in Chinese, Spanish or Tagalog is helpful, but not necessary
- For course credit: enrolled in a college or seminary program. Please contact your academic department for more information.